Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Madzilla: The girl, the myth, the legend..

On February 26th, 2011, my little beeb was born. After 9 months of kicks and jabs to the ribcage, hobbit feet, morning sickness, back aches, acid reflux, and twenty-four hours of painful labor, my sweet daughter had arrived. She was 7 pounds, 6 ounces of pure cuteness.

We named her Madeleine, because I had fallen deeply in love with the name while studying French in the eighth grade. I loved the idea of being able to call her by a nickname. Jocelyn doesn't break down very easily, and growing up, I hated that I couldn't shorten my name. The name Madeleine would give her the opportunity to decide what she wanted to be called, which will most likely be one of her "normal" nicknames like Maddie or Mads. I pretend that she will go by one of her not-so-normal nicknames, like Maddiebug, Zilly, or my personal favorite, Madzilla. I imagine the scene from "Big Daddy," where Adam Sandler asks the little boy what he wants to be called. The boy's response is, "Frankenstein." So, her teacher is calling roll on the first day of school. She says, "Madeleine?" My daughter responds, "Here, but I prefer to go by Madzilla." That is my pipe dream. Yup, this mom has HUGE aspirations for her daughter so far! Lyric was chosen by my husband, Danny. Our mutual love of music was the inspiration.

I am creating this blog to share my adventures with the infamous Madzilla. At three months old, to the day, she is becoming quite a handful, and is most certainly living up to her nickname, at times. Being a mother is the hardest job I've ever had, but each smile, coo, and giggle makes it the most rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment